Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kyle Williams has attitude and swagger

Kyle Williams is in his fifth season as a Buffalo Bills defensive tackle. He's been quietly making plays for the Bills, an He's the first to admit he's not your prototypical DT.

"According to everybody that knows something, I've never been prototypical at anything, I just go out and make plays, and that's what I'm going to keep doing. I'm going to go out and play my ass off, and I'm going to get after guys and when the ball turns over I'm gonna throw a freaking fit."

Williams talked about his agressive style saying that he doesn't want to just be a guy that plugs a gap.

"I want to punch a guy, I want to go tackle the ball carrier, and I want to get back to the huddle and I want to do it again."

Williams who logged 66 combined tackles and 4 sacks in the 2009 season in 14 games, also spoke of some of the differences betweens the old defense and the current one.

"90 percent of our snaps the last couple years, we've been in an overfront, and we have been in cover 2 or cover 3, so they know what to expect. We were flying off the ball, doing this and that. Where now, we're playing a little bit heavier, a little slower, but, we can do more things on defense to confuse the offense. Where in the past we really didn't have that."

Kyle is ready to end the losing streak against New England, and says it's not to late to turn that streak around.

"They killed us one time when they were on the roll, when they went undefeated in the regular season. Other than that it's been pretty tight, I'd go as far to say we've had 2 games were in our hands, that were ours but we gave them anyway... We've got to learn that in the fourth quarter... we got to learn to finish the game, get over the hump, and then, that's when you start winning the football game. Everytime you go play them, it's a new game, a new opportunity, and a chance for us to start a streak as far as I'm concerned."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home