Monday, December 29, 2014

There Goes Another Season!



As the offseason for the Buffalo Bills commences, so then, does the Out of Bounds season!  The last show of the season is always a sad one, this year it seems especially so.

It's the second time in as many years that we are saying goodbye to not only a host, but a friend, for what looks like the last time.  Hopefully that is not the case.

I want to take a moment to thank the people who come out and support our show every week.  Out of Bounds has been in existence since 2006, and I can't remember a season where people have come up to me and thanked ME for doing the show.  The first time it happened I was stunned, then it happened again, and again.  I never really thought of it from that perspective before.  Here I am thanking you all every week for coming out, and I am so grateful that you do, it really helps the show thrive and without your support, this wouldn't be possible, and then you're thanking me in return?  Truly humbling.  I know it sounds cliche, but its true.

I want to next thank Danny's South.  What a great venue for the show!  What an even better environment, from the owners, to the staff, to the patrons, this is truly a top notch establishment.  No doubt the best host venue we have ever had for the show.

I would be remiss if I didn't take the time to especially thank Dan for his hospitality, but more than that, for being a truly great person who turned out to be someone I could count on if I needed him.  Honestly, I have never met a better, more caring person!

Da'Norris Searcy was the perfect host for this season!  He picked up the void left by our previous host that we started the year with.  He brought his charisma and great personality.  We couldn't have asked for a better player host.  I truly hope that he remains in Buffalo, because we're not just losing a host, we're losing a friend!

Sal, another great season of Out of Bounds!  I've never seen a host who is more well prepared than Sal!  He makes my job a lot easier.  I don't have to produce content, because he takes care of that.  He puts his heart and soul into the show and it really does take us to the next level.

Kristen, my fiancĂ©e.  Created the role of Executive in charge of Guest Relations.  She took it upon herself to be our liaison between the show and the player guests.  She made sure they had all the details, and made sure they knew what the show was about and what to expect when they got here.  She has selflessly helped the show more than I could have ever asked, and she greatly improved our relationships with the players!

Vic is the longest tenured employee of Out of Bounds.  Nobody hustles like Vic does, whether it's to get an interview in the locker room, or to fill in as host, or guest... or even booking guests.  His hard work is truly appreciated!

I was really sad to lose our long time production manager, Seth to the San Diego Padres after last season.  He was a great employee who knew the ins and outs of the show and the setup, I was nervous going into this season with new people.

Marc and Austyn, you guys were great!  You picked up right where Seth left off.  Both of you are hard workers, and never once complained, even when I was having a bad day!  I'm glad that you two joined the team, even if that means Seth is gone.

Well, that's it for this season, See you in September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home